Do you live in Knollwood? Register and get all the latest news! (It's free, and secure!)
There is a lot of road construction in the works connected with the new Target development, and it will have a significant impact on Knollwood drivers traveling to and from Lake Bluff. Here's what's happening:
Work is expected to start any time after March 30, 2015. During construction, Rt. 176 will be reduced to one lane in each direction between Thorntree and Waukegan Road. At times the work will further restrict traffic flow, and flaggers will be used. When feasible, you may want to consider traveling north on Waukegan Road and taking Rt. 137 east to Green Bay Road, or going south to Deerpath Road.
Expected completion date is June 1.
1. Road widening and new sewers on the north side of Rt. 176 between Thorntree and Waukegan Road (in front of the gas station, Scooters, Angelo's, Graffiti Grill, etc.).
2. Road widening on the south side of Rt. 176 between Thorntree and Shagbark (alongside the Target shopping center).
3. New right turn lane from westbound Rt. 176 onto northbound Waukegan Road.
4. Extension of Shagbark Lane into the Target shopping center.
5. Widening of existing Sharbark Lane with the addition of right and left turn lanes onto Rt. 176.
6. New left turn lane from westbound Rt. 176 into the Target shopping center via the Shagbark extension.
7. Road widening on Waukegan Road to accommodate new turn lanes into Carriage Park Ave. to access the Target shopping center.
Near the end of July.
The diagram below shows the locations of the construction. It's oriented with the east at the top - imagine you've just turned onto Rt. 176 to head into Lake Bluff.
The document attached below provides more details on the planned construction.